Czech Christmas Bread and One Crispy Cadaver


Lucy Resnick, born and raised in Houston, is an investigative reporter turned small town farmer. Determined to make her Grandmother Vogel’s farm work, she starts a few “side gigs” and works at the Blue Onion. Her closest friend in town, Quinn, along with dim-witted Sheriff Kocurek and a host of other characters, work to solve a murder that has shaken the town.

MacInerney created and developed characters, which on the surface, seem “cozy”. But, if you look beneath the surface, real life issues rise to the top – women longing for the love and support of their mother, town aristocracy, and modern day church politics and ethics.

Set in the small town of Buttercup, Texas near Dewberry Creek, a calculated murder occurs, discovered by Lucy while picking up two goats. Her new goats, Hot Lips and Gidget , are one of little side gigs to help finance her new occupation. While investigating the murder, she uncovers a serious patchwork of clues, pulling her deeper into the enigma of the small town.

From the author
I'm the author of the Agatha-nominated Gray Whale Inn mystery series, Tales of an Urban Werewolf. the Margie Peterson mysteries and the Dewberry Farm mysteries (plus a new fantasy in the works). My reading is like my writing: eclectic!

I grew up in the Northeast, but I currently live in Austin with my husband, two kids, and a house rabbit named Bunny. Feel free to visit me online at www.karenmacinerney.com; I love connecting with readers.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this work in exchange for an honest review.


Kindle Edition, 282 pages
Published October 18th 2016 by Thomas & Mercer
ASIN: B01F1Z67ZU
Series: A Dewberry Farm Mystery #2