Quick Update - I am still here

Quick Update



Since my last post, I decided to binge watch a series on HBO and finally finish The Border.

The Border prompted me to go back a decade and watch The Wire.  (I think I completely fried my brain watching so much television. I have not watched this much television since the Jackson Five miniseries in 1992!!! That tells you a lot!)

Watching this series led to my acting on an idea I've had for several months - curated reading.

What is curated reading? Purposeful selection of titles meeting precisely developed goals.

So, I created a spreadsheet that listed genres and topics I want to read and yearly targets. I realized I really don't want to read any more psychological thrillers. But, I do want to read medical thrillers and mysteries and more books (of any interest) by Black authors.

This list lead me to find a better way to track my ideas. So, I went back to Trello. This is an awesome tool and I use for other task management. As ideas flow, I log them.

Stay tuned for some interesting posts.

1. On Idea Incubation - This post will share how I am using Trello.

2.  Embracing My Geekdom - This post, part essay and part review, will showcase the book that has contributed to a change in my life.

3.  Library Loot - Latest borrowed book haul

4.  Diverse Books - Features a new book by a man who inspired one of the characters on The Wire

5.  Book Blog Hop - How do you get yourself psyched about writing a book review?


Comments

Popular Posts