April 2019 Month-in-Review

April Month-in-Review


In Real Life

Well, my husband had two total knee replacements. Taking care of him and our family took precedence over everything

Work..well…it is work. Enough said.

On the Blog

Events Participated In

- Inspire Me Monday: Stopped writing a unique post for this event and started linking an inspirational post. Sort of lost interest...but, I think my interest waned because of what the content took out of me. Ironically, I learned more by writing these posts. So, I may add this to my weekly brainstorming.

- Feed Your Fiction Discussion Challenge: This has been great. Had to halt writing new content while taking care of my husband. But, as soon as his right knee heels, I will be back.

- Book Blogger Hop: This, too, is fun. I don't get a lot of comments. But, that is ok. I use this event to meet more bloggers.

- Library Loot: This was interesting, but I lost interest. I may keep this up, but I borrow so many books!! I am thinking of doing this event a little differently in May.

Things I Tried

- ARCstravaganza: This was inspired by an non-active meme. I will keep this up. I need to remember to tag the posts!

- In-Moment-Blogging: I loved this idea, but I struggled with it. While I want to share my in-the-moment thoughts (think Seth Godin's short TypePad posts),  I want to perfect and clean up my writing. But...that actually defeats the purpose. So, today (after the Kentucky Derby) I am going to sip some tea and think about how I can make this one work.

 - Sticky Note Reviews: This was inspired by Eli. I have to tweak this some, but I will keep this up.

Things I learned

- The importance of using my project management skills for my blog. I use them a lot at work and decided to implement them here.

- The importance of using Feedly to keep up with blogs. I need to install the app and link to the blogs I have found in the above events.  (Sure, I could subscribe to each one and have my inbox overloaded. No thanks! I could also just use Bloglovin'. But, not all of the blogs I follow have 'claimed' their blog.)

What I am looking forward to in May

- Life getting back to normal

- Finessing my content creation strategy so that I can meet my personal goals.



Comments

Popular Posts