On Finding the Higher Calling in Reviewing

Higher calling, book reviews, blogging, finding your purpose, books

On Finding the Higher Calling in Reviewing

I often sit back and wonder - what is my calling in this ‘blogging’ life? See..In all things, I need to feel and know that there is a greater cause for whatever it is that I do. That includes the existence of this blog.

If you are wondering the same, let’s think about what we can do to answer this question.

First - deep contemplation and meditation is necessary.

To help me identify my purpose as a blogger, I am thinking about the books I have read so far in my life. Joyful or sad or funny or thought provoking, or downright criminal. Each of those books have taught me something about people, life, strategy, and, most importantly, about myself. Thinking about how I processed the information, characters, plot, etc ,while reading and after reading these books, will provide food for thought as I attempt to dig deeper.

Did these stories change how I handled certain situations?
Did I learn a new mantra? Did I learn a new strategy?
Did I become hopeful in spite of trying situation thanks to a flawed character's outlook on life?

Personal Example

For those who have lived lives full of pain and suffering, sharing insights I have gleaned from books that helped me through sad times can be healing - even for me.

If someone thought that they were simply suffering in vain, then the mere fact that a book exists, whether fiction or nonfiction, that has the potential to guide them through their feelings could save their life. Moreover, if I were to share my thoughts, which may even allow the reader to see that someone identifies with their sufferings, and how I persevered and gained strength simply by reading, then, I have identified a higher purpose for my blog.

My purpose? Uplifting others who have suffered by sharing books that will help them. Through this simple act of reviewing, I have become a light of hope and aspiration for those who might feel that nobody understands what they are going through.

So, take some time to meditate and contemplate on the books that have made you happy, brought you significant joy, made you cry, or significantly changed your life.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to use your energy and passion to add to the online dialogue about books that changed your life, while simultaneously impacting the lives of so many? Of course, it would!

Finding your blog’s purpose can take time, and sometimes it just takes a few moments to look back at the books that have changed your life, and realize the true destiny of your blog.

Once you find it, get ready! Your blog and its content will never be the same.




Comments

Popular Posts