May 2019 Month-in-Review
May Month-in-Review
In Real Life
My husband is healing fine and is walking without the cane, sometimes.Work-life balance remains a work-in-progress. Good people are resigning, while others stick around. With a plethora of fake people and their lazy counterparts, I struggle to keep my head down and not get involved in the ever-present drama.
On the Blog
Events I Chucked
- Inspire Me Monday and Library Loot - Honestly, I lost interest.- Promotional blog tours - I got tired of getting things last minute and having to modify Wordpress HTML, fix mistakes (i.e., wrong publication dates), remove affiliate links, and undo all the shortened links. Plus, it isn't unique content.
Events Participated In
- Feed Your Fiction Discussion Challenge: I really enjoy this challenge! I have about 20 draft posts that I never got to edit due to family obligations. But, now that things are back to pre-surgery days, I plan to edit and get to posting.- Book Blogger Hop: Yes, this is fun. But, it is also very boring for me. I like to use this as an avenue to explore new topics and meet new people. I made a three friends this way - Erica, Heather, and Freda!! While some of the questions are extremely basic at best, I will continue this event.
Things I Tried
- Relaxing! I have been busy trying to maintain the household with one ambulating adult, while also keeping my sanity on the job. So, relaxing with a mug of hot tea is a new favorite thing for me.- New speed-reading technique. While I naturally read faster than most, I tried something different that increased my focus when in a raucous environment. This was inspired by my desire to read while in the same room with my family. (Before surgery, I would read in the living room or other area away from ESPN, CNN, Pokémon, etc.)
Things I learned
- How to comment on a blog just to show I was there
- To accept that physical books are not my go-to format.
The solution - Still peruse and skim at the local bookstore and library. However, if I really want to read the book, look it up while I am in the library/store. If there isn't an ebook (or audiobook) available, then it is ok to borrow/buy it.
Comments