On Blogging Funks

On Blogging Funks


Elaine, one of my favorite Christian bloggers, sent me an email yesterday talking intimately about her current blogging funk. I immediately understood.

This post is an answer to a question she posed: What holds you back from blogging?

With increasing responsibilities from work and a seemingly endless pile of books to read and review, it is easy for me to succumb to my feelings in inadequacy.

What holds me back from blogging?

  1. Feeling that since I have a niche blog (about books) and few readers, there really isn't any reason for me to continue with certain challenges.
  2. Feeling that no one really wants to hear what I have to say about various topics.

Elaine said sometimes you need to SIT. DOWN. IN. THE. CHAIR. AND. BLOG. (Yes, she said it just like that.) So, I thought about the two main things that I think are hurdles. Then, I remembered her book and how it really inspired me.
Whether I have readers or not, I have been given a talent and platform. I have been called by God to blog. And...that's what I am going to do.

I won't try fancy, self-created tags. I will just blog.

I won't try to be simple or average. I know my voice, though it is often criticized as being to elitist, professional, or corporate-like. Well, that is who I am. It is time I accept it.

Comments

Popular Posts