On Reading Historical Fiction (Book Blogger Hop)


Background photo created by senivpetro - www.freepik.com






Do you read historical fiction?




Short and Sweet Answer
Yes, I read historical fiction. Primarily, I focus on African-American history. Ironically, now that I know (based on historical records) that my paternal grandfather was indeed 100% Cherokee Indian, I am now venturing into reading more Native-American historical fiction.


Long Answer
Why I Read Historical Fiction
Reading historical fiction enables to me to grasp the complexities and extreme emotional duress humans endured in previous centuries. Further, the fictionalization allows me, as well as the author, to explore the ways in which others have dealt with the events of the past and how society can handle the eerily similar events occurring in today's time.

Favorite Sub-genres of Historical Fiction
  1. Biographical Historical Fiction
  2. Multi-Period Epics, Series, and Sagas
  3. Time-Travel, Alternate Histories, and Fantasy

Favorite Authors and Books

Do you read historical fiction? 

If so, why and what authors do you recommend?

Follow this week's blog hop!

History of The Book Blogger Hop

How The Book Blogger Hop Works

Fellow book bloggers are invited to submit and book-related questions. A question is selected and book bloggers join in and share their answers. (For the submission form and Hop Schedule, including the question of the week, check out Billy's dedicated Book Blogger Hop page. Each Friday a new 'hop' starts and lasts until the following Thursday.

Purpose of The Book Blogger Hop

To give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.

Comments

Popular Posts