Four Authors I Always Read (Book Blogger Hop)


Background photo created by senivpetro - www.freepik.com




What authors do you always read and recommend?


This week's book blogger hop question was submitted by Elizabeth - Silver's Reviews .


Short and Sweet Answer
I always read Dan Brown, James Patterson, Robin Cook, and John Grisham


Long Answer

Why do I read books written by these four white guys?

It's simple. Good storytelling transcends the concept of race. So, even as a black woman, I can recognize talent and graciously enter the worlds created by these authors.

Why Dan Brown?

- Ah…the quantum physics, metaphysics, noetic science concepts…it is just beautiful.
- My favorite - The Lost Symbol

Why James Patterson?

- Simple plots and easy reading
- My go-to author when I am in a reading slump. (I just started reading Swipe Right For Murder last night. Shh...I think I haven''t curated my reading well this month. None are holding my interest. So...Jimmy to the rescue!)

Why John Grisham?

- Well…I enjoy seeing the point of view white writers have when writing about race relations in the Jim Crow era.
- I prefer his books that deal with the antebellum period. But, the others are good as well.

Why Robin Cook?

- He is a physician and I am a pharmacist…do I need to explain?
- I read each and every one. (Shh…I always buy the physical book!)

Who Would I Recommend These Authors To

If you like a unique mix of historical and science fiction, but also want something with a little mystery and thrill, I recommend Dan Brown.

If you like medical science fiction, featuring cutting edge technology and pharmaceuticals, I recommend Robin Cook.

If you are looking for something tried-and-true, though at times innovative but more often not, I recommend James Patterson. (NOTE: He has partnered with several authors and they are easy-to-read (e.g., no complex storylines or words requiring a dictionary) tales.)

If you like reading historical fiction centered on the south and the Jim Crow era (think 20th century tales whose premise stems from the antebellum period) or enjoy legal thrillers, I recommend John Grisham.

What authors do you always read and recommend?

Follow this week's blog hop!

History of The Book Blogger Hop

How The Book Blogger Hop Works

Fellow book bloggers are invited to submit and book-related questions. A question is selected and book bloggers join in and share their answers. (For the submission form and Hop Schedule, including the question of the week, check out Billy's dedicated Book Blogger Hop page. Each Friday a new 'hop' starts and lasts until the following Thursday.

Purpose of The Book Blogger Hop

To give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.

Comments

Popular Posts