On Owning Different Versions of the Same Book (Book Blogger Hop)


Background photo created by senivpetro - www.freepik.com





Do you own more than one copy of a book?


This week's book blogger hop question was submitted by Billy - Coffee Addicted Writer .


Short and Sweet Answer
Of course. But never the same format.


Long Answer
Having a book available in different formats is key to my enjoyment of the overall reading experience. However, possessing a duplicate version of the same format (i.e., two of the same type - print, digital or audio) seems wasteful.

Why is having two copies of the same book in different formats helpful to me?
  1. It allows for immersive reading. This applies to having the digital, or print version, and the audio version.
  2. It allows for the portability of larger volumes. Think Harry Potter or Don Winslow.
  3. It allows for continuous reading in situations where taking a book is not appropriate. There have been texts that I have purchased and wanted to keep referencing them at work. Well...having a hardback book on my desk often lends to people making an incorrect assumption.
  4. It allows me to discover plot points I may have missed while reading or listening. This applies to cozies and thrillers. Sometimes, I am so engrossed in the action; I miss a vital clue to who did what!
I don’t make purchasing books in different formats a habit. This mainly happens when
  1. I borrow the physical book from the library (like a Miranda James title) and really want to hear the Southern accents.
  2. I purchase or borrow a thriller title and lose interest in the narrative, but really want to keep reading.
  3.  

Do you own more than one copy of a book?

Follow this week's blog hop!

History of The Book Blogger Hop

How The Book Blogger Hop Works

Fellow book bloggers are invited to submit and book-related questions. A question is selected and book bloggers join in and share their answers. (For the submission form and Hop Schedule, including the question of the week, check out Billy's dedicated Book Blogger Hop page. Each Friday a new 'hop' starts and lasts until the following Thursday.

Purpose of The Book Blogger Hop

To give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog.

Comments

Popular Posts