On Recapturing My Reading Momentum During Busy Times
![]() |
| Photo Credit: @Brit - Nappy.co |
Reading is a favorite pastime of many, including yours truly. From the latest crime thriller to a much-needed literary escape to a far-away land, I have enjoyed reading since the age of 3. However, the ability to weave this pastime into my busy schedule has proven to be quite challenging.
As a newly minted homeschool mom (thanks to SARS-COV-2), a full-time graduate student, wife, program manager, and a data analyst, I have very little time for luxuries such as curling up for hours to read. This is a huge problem for me. Why? First, I love reading, as it is the key to knowledge and the development of empathy. Second, I am a book reviewer and have made commitments to review titles.
So...what is my game plan?
Good question. I have experimented with so many strategies and none have worked. However, there is one that is working.
Latest Strategy on Recapturing the Momentum
The strategy is simple - read 10 minutes in the morning and in the evening.
Review Preparation Modifications
While I still take notes as I read, I started adding more details to my Kindle notes. These additional notes are essentially a blog post and will allow me to copy, paste, edit, and publish.
I will keep you updated on this latest experiment, which happens to be experiment 6.1. (Don't ask...yes, I have them numbered. Perhaps, I will share all of them with you one day.)
If you have any tips to share, please leave me a comment!

Comments